It's hot, it's humid, but you still need your daily coffee. We have a Coconut Cream Cold Brew recipe that is the perfect caffeinated drink for any summer day.
Coconut Cream Cold Brew Coffee
850mL of filtered water
192 grams of finely ground coffee
2 tablespoons of coconut shavings
3-4 tablespoons of coconut milk (to taste)
1 tablespoon of condensed milk (optional, to taste)
Tip: Use natural, unsweetened coconut shavings & coconut milk, then simply add condensed milk for a sweetened taste. You can always sweeten, but you can never take it away!
1. Scoop finely ground coffee into french press.
2. Lightly toast coconut shavings over medium heat until they start to brown.
3. Add coconut shavings to ground coffee.
4. Pour cold water over grounds and stir.
5. Refrigerate while covered for overnight or for 12 hours. Since it's not yet time to press the grounds, you can remove the filter from your French Press lid and stow the filter until morning.
6. Press the grounds with your filter and pour over ice.
7. Top off with coconut milk (optional to mix with condensed milk to sweeten) and enjoy!