It's Round 3 of our Summer French Press recipes and this week we combined a few of our favorites things to make a smokey, refreshing, and bubbly, Pineapple Mezcal Spritz!
If you haven't heard of Mezcal before, it is a Mexican distilled spirit that is made from an agave plant. Tequila is technically a mezcal, but differs slightly in production technique and in the types of agave used. Mezcal is typically sweeter and smokier flavor than your standard Tequila (we love smokey). This delicious drink requires only a few ingredients, a YIELD french press and a drinking partner ;)
Check out the recipe below!
Pineapple Mezcal Spritz
2 Cups of Fresh, Diced Pineapple
1/2 Squeezed Lemon
4 Ounces of Mezcal
1 Ounce of Honey Simple Syrup
4 Splashes of Angostura Bitters
Top off with Brut Champagne
1 Luxardo Cherry (1 per drink for garnish)
1. Dice fresh pineapple into your french press and squeeze lemon juice of 1/2 lemon. Remember, no need to strain the lemon pulp/seeds!
2. Splash bitters and add simple syrup.
3. Thoroughly muddle the mixture until all juices are extracted.
4. and top with Brut Champagne until nearly full.
5. Press with the filter & garnish with a Luxardo cherry!
6. Serve over ice (one large cube or sphere recommended)